Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zetaboards Conversion into Tapatalk; and what it may mean for ToK
Topic Started: May 17 2018, 09:37 AM (1,477 Views)
Saturos
Member Avatar
heart-under-blade

Ryu Gaia kindly pointed out that Tapatalk, the current owners of Zetaboards, are forcing a conversion for all Zetaboards products into Tapatalk, their own format. There's a lot of uncertainly about what this will actually mean and what it'll look like, so I'll kind of update as I go.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/impending-zetaboards-conversion-t39965.html
This seems to be a helpful topic someone made, so to go through it for some of the highlights...

We're told here that existing CSS and themes will be grandfathered into the new board, so that would be nice if so.
*However, on the FAQ they say "
- Will our old skins be on our new board and will we still be able to use them?
No. It is a different system on the new platform, your old skins will not work there. You have access to the CSS on the new platform. You will find a good number of useful codes in this forum:"

A significant change appears to be that you won't be able to use linked avatars anymore. :okay:

It's still pretty early, so we'll see what the outcome ends up being. If they offer a database download, that would make it fairly easy to migrate to another service altogether. If they iron out the flaws in Tapatalk and it ends up working out, that would be nice. We did transfer from Invisionfree to Zetaboards, and the Zetaboards head is apparently working on making this transition smooth as well.

Our Illuminati will convene, our ears are open to your feedback or ideas, and ofc, once we get a preview test board, I'll be sure to share it with all of you.

May the blessings of the Almighty be with us. :kraden:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

What?
Member Avatar
Worthy
[ *  * ]
This feels like a. End of an era. Everything is charging. But no linked Avis is a bit sad.

Clawford
has no style

Just do what I do and shamelessly screenshot your avatar and then reupload it with the saved image button.

Someone teach me photoshop.

Hisui
Member Avatar
Seccy "no fun allowed" Secundum

Why would they disable linked avatars?

Gwydd
Member Avatar
Eternity Awaits You and Me

As long as they don't kill the history of this board/don't give us time to archive and transfer its history, I'm fine with changes.

Good luck figuring it out, Satty & Kraden's Illuminati.

Saturos
Member Avatar
heart-under-blade

Hisui
May 17 2018, 05:38 PM
Why would they disable linked avatars?
Their logic was that linked avatars are too unstable, and cited photobucket going down and leaving broken links in its wake. Personally I think that sounds like an issue for users to solve themselves, but oh well.

Another reason, since it appears they're trying to make things more smartphone friendly, is to avoid having to load huge avatars on data plans, which would be a much more sensible reason.

Pianomanfreak
Scholar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll say this WE ALL MOVE TO Discord since times are changing.

ShmittlesThePoe
Member Avatar
Pirate Wavemaster
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow, that's pretty rough. Thanks for the update on this situation.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Saturos
Member Avatar
heart-under-blade

We are definitely not just moving to Discord. >.>

Kiki
Member Avatar
Kiki Martius Chantico

i'll start drafting our premium membership benefits now that tapatalk will let us pay to be specialer than everyone else. it will include a more likely chance of salvation being granted by Kraden and access to a special board where we go to be smarter, funnier and kinder than the rest of the ToK.

Jenna
Member Avatar
hunny bunchkins sugarcube lettuce chamomile sweetie pumpkin schnitzel fries

The Tapatalk support forum doesn't look bad. It's screen size responsive and has a much cleaner design than Zetaboards.

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
solbowz Aurarius

Well they're right that Photobucket sucks

Adnarel
Member Avatar
I'd rather be outside.

I -think- I already go to another Tapatalk forum. It's not so bad.

Peytral
Member Avatar
peytral pls

We have a forum?

Hisui
Member Avatar
Seccy "no fun allowed" Secundum

Kiki
May 18 2018, 06:09 AM
where we go to be smarter, funnier and kinkier than the rest of the ToK.
Fixed.

Anyway Clearly Luna clan should be the Premium membership. Best clan and all.

Crystallux
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure another GS forum I was on was tapatalk and it really wasn't that bad.

King in the North
Member Avatar

Well, I never use linked images anymore so I'm fine I guess

Saturos
Member Avatar
heart-under-blade

Yeah, someone mentioned Golden Sun Land using Tapatalk, and I'm pretty sure that sounds about right. So we'll see what the hybrid platform looks like!

Crystallux
Member Avatar

T'was me. XD

Gwydd
Member Avatar
Eternity Awaits You and Me

Oh right, I used a linked image avatar to my photobucket. I had forgotten that. I guess I'll have to find a way to upload the image at decent quality if/when this all goes down.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Prophet's Pulpit · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!