Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
renewed thoughts on lighthouseshipping
Topic Started: Apr 3 2017, 05:44 PM (2,726 Views)
Lemubaby
Member Avatar
(_(_( ・ω・)

Felix and Sheba were the first OTP I ever had. More so than Valeshipping ever was. I think I was a teenager at the time, like 15? Probably younger and how I remember getting into arguments with Windshippers on FF.net forums. The most common topic back then, was the age gap. With Felix being 18 and Sheba 14, it (now, understandably) squicked some people out of the ship. Not me. I was closer to Shebas age and I saw the whole self sacrifical act Felix put forth as nothing but romantic.

I can now say, I get where those Windshippers back then were coming from. (why they figured just slap her in a relationship with ivan i never got but i get the age gap thing. i know.) Now that I have been Felixs age, and past that even, I can grasp the vast difference in maturity in just four years. It matters a lot more in teen years than it does later on down the line. Since then, I havent swayed from the ship, but kinda changed how I ship it. While there being a strong bond between them from the get go as unmistakable, the events during TLA may have been more platonic, or at least one sided than I had let on. Its reasonable to assume Sheba may be smitten with Felix, with her being 14, and teens crush on older guys all the time. As for it being reciprocated, though. I can only imagine such happening years down the road, when the gap matters less and less. Felix cares about her, at first wanting to protect, and eventually admiring her, very very much.

tldr; the fucking sjws got me

I didnt wanna bump the old lighthouse topic so I made a new one for fresh discussion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jenna
Member Avatar
hunny bunchkins sugarcube lettuce chamomile sweetie pumpkin schnitzel fries

And then in Dark Dawn Camelot gave us

Nowell and

Piers.

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
solbowz Aurarius

I mean I'm not supporting the ship at all but golden sun's mideval fantasy setting hardly makes a 14 and 18 year old weird

Kinda like how marrying cousins isn't weird amongst nobles and royalty, just different standards

Lemubaby
Member Avatar
(_(_( ・ω・)

oh i will still aggressively ship them, its just a softer ship than the LET THEM MAKE OUT ON THE BOAT kinda ship and more of a "let them find comfort in one another" kinda ship

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
solbowz Aurarius

That sounds more IC anyway tbh

Momentime
Member Avatar
uh oh

I haven't finished DD but now they'd be what, 28 and 24? That's fine by me tbh

Lemubaby
Member Avatar
(_(_( ・ω・)

now this is all speculation, but im all about a worldly vagabond felix who leaves nothing but rumors in his wake, said to frequent the arid towns of northern gondowan, but no one is sure what for

obs for a lil tenderness wink wonk

HyrulianJedi
Member Avatar
uguu~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
solbowz Aurarius

Momentime
Apr 3 2017, 09:11 PM
I haven't finished DD but now they'd be what, 28 and 24? That's fine by me tbh
More like 48 and 44

Momentime
Member Avatar
uh oh

tbh lighthouseshipping was my least favorite precisely because of the age difference. like, what the fuck bro

on the other hand felix/mia is where it's at. No one ever thinks of it but tbh I think the two would have complimented each other well

Crystallux
Member Avatar

Love lighthouseshipping! It's one of my favorite pairings! I never really thought much about the age difference because of the medieval setting. It would have been pretty common back then. But I do like the thought of them being close friends and him falling for her as they get older.

One of the weirdest gs ships is probably Duskshipping. It makes no sense.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

UltaFlame
Member Avatar
Thanks Poui.

I still call it sandshipping, though.

Also I never got the feeling either were the type to actually express any feelings during the events of the games - Felix is too focused on his duty and saving the world to really notice anyone, and Sheba's too unsure of her place in society, from her mysterious "birth" alienating her from her fellows as a child, to the deific status she was elevated to, to being effectively held prisoner by babi later in life to finally adventuring with a group of people who she only could have any trust in because one already risked his life to save hers. But later on, when Felix has a chance to relax from the urgency of lighting the lighthouses, a few years have passed and Sheba is a little more secure in both herself and the world around her, especially as psynergy makes a resurgence in - well not popularity per se so much as "existence" - I can see the foundation built during the games growing into more.

The age factor never really meant anything to me - 4 years isn't all that much time, though the difference between a 14 year old and an 18 year old is significant by modern standards, in the time periods depicted, it means significantly less. However, the vague personalities given to the characters - and the admitted headcanon filling the resultant empty space of that vagueness - leaves me believing in the ship all the same.

King in the North
Member Avatar

Crystallux
Apr 4 2017, 09:38 PM
That's Felix/Karst right? I can see it happening. Saturos and Menardi finds Felix as a kid, take him to Prox, back then Karst was also a kid, Felix and Karst get to know each other, probably trains together etc etc one thing leads to another and suddenly we got babies

as for lighthouse shipping I don't like it because I don't like Sheba because she looks like a lightbulb :lightbulb:

Saturos
Member Avatar
heart-under-blade

she looks like a lightbulb cuz she gets all the bright ideas hue

Duskshipping is my second favourite Felix ship, after lighthouse. My preferred headcanon is that Felix and Karst kinda had a thing going on back when they were training together, as mentioned, then circumstances had to force them to opposing sides. Plus Felix holding Karst's hand as she's dying/after unknowingly killing her is omg so bittersweet/tragic

For Dark Dawn, I almost like to imagine that Felix is a vagabond/roaming because he's helping Sheba look for her home. =o or searching on her behalf.

Jenna
Member Avatar
hunny bunchkins sugarcube lettuce chamomile sweetie pumpkin schnitzel fries

The characterization is so sparse that you wouldn't know Sheba is only 14. She behaves like an adult from what I remember? We never see any evidence that she and Felix aren't equally mature. So I can see why they get shipped.

I like the idea that they're fond of each other in TLA, then fall in love when she's older.

Disclaimer: married someone four years older than myself lel cradle robber.

UltaFlame
Member Avatar
Thanks Poui.

What a cad, that lad.

King in the North
Member Avatar

Isn't the age of consent in Japan like 13?

Posted Image

Crystallux
Member Avatar

King in the North
Apr 5 2017, 05:56 AM
Crystallux
Apr 4 2017, 09:38 PM
That's Felix/Karst right? I can see it happening. Saturos and Menardi finds Felix as a kid, take him to Prox, back then Karst was also a kid, Felix and Karst get to know each other, probably trains together etc etc one thing leads to another and suddenly we got babies

Except for, you know, the part about her being dead.

That's what I don't like about it. When people try to bring her back to life and give them babies.

But other than that, I could see the possibility of them having some kind of relationship before all that crap happened like what Satty was saying.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Momentime
Member Avatar
uh oh

It also doesn't make sense because you know, the party fights them and Felix doesn't say a word. You'd think he might say something like oh hey, you're that girl I fucked and then left with your auntie and uncle. Hey I guess.

King in the North
Member Avatar

Crystallux

Except for, you know, the part about her being dead.

That's what I don't like about it. When people try to bring her back to life and give them babies.

Who's even talking about bringing her back from life? We were talking about their past. Also,

>Shipping
>Following any kind of canon

Choose one.

Especially in a game like Golden Sun, where the characters have as much personality and character development as a pile of rocks. The whole point of shipping in any fandom is to write your own headcanon/fanfic. Naruto ended up with Hinata, does that stop anyone from putting Naruto together with literally any other character?

At least a shipping like Felix/Karst has potential for fun fanfic based on concepts that could've happened storywise.

Momentime

It also doesn't make sense because you know, the party fights them and Felix doesn't say a word. You'd think he might say something like oh hey, you're that girl I fucked and then left with your auntie and uncle. Hey I guess.

As I was saying above, it's fanfic. Literally no shipping makes sense in Golden Sun because there's no story behind it except what just had to be accepted in Dark Dawn.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Golden Sun: Fandom · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!