Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Thread; xbox sux lol
Topic Started: Nov 20 2014, 03:20 PM (49,671 Views)
King in the North
Member Avatar

I like general threads.

So here's one for all those autistic nerds playing video games all day instead of getting laid.

Can be used for random discussion about game topics, what games you're playing (seriously guys you created that thread instead of something like this?), what console you've pledged allegiance to, posting of trailers or other stuff.

Whatever here's something I'm looking forward to.

Telltale doing their stuff

and it looks nice.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_nkZ-Y2XhU[/youtube]

Also, what console(s) do you currently own/play on? Have you upgraded to current gen yet? What gen was the best?

Also 2.0 what was the best game and soundtrack of the previous gen for you? Game and soundtrack doesn't have to be the same.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ian889
Member Avatar
Death comes to all of those who oppose me.

I really liked the wolf among us, and I really like GoT so I'll definitely give this one a shot. I play mostly pc, but my roommate has and Xbox one so I play on that as well. I'm in the process of building this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jcDYbv once I can get all of the parts to my old house to bring it here to assemble it. My favorite Gen was the 64 Gen too many good games between that and the PS1

Adnarel
Member Avatar
I'd rather be outside.

ecks bawks -does- suck

And I still like to think that the console would have never taken off had it not been for mother[radio edit]ing Halo

ShinyGirafarig
Member Avatar
Giraffes are adorable.

Getting a PS3 from my brother-in-law. I would ask what to get besides Sly Cooper 4, the PS3 Ratchet and Clanks and HD releases of Jak, R and C PS2 trilogy and Sly Cooper PS2 trilogy but i know some will just try to anger me. Maybe Tokyo Jungle since you can play as a giraffe (DLC only but worth it to play a giraffe).

Aevis Martius Ravi
Member Avatar
Origins

ShinyGirafarig
Nov 20 2014, 09:21 PM
Getting a PS3 from my brother-in-law. I would ask what to get besides Sly Cooper 4, the PS3 Ratchet and Clanks and HD releases of Jak, R and C PS2 trilogy and Sly Cooper PS2 trilogy but i know some will just try to anger me. Maybe Tokyo Jungle since you can play as a giraffe (DLC only but worth it to play a giraffe).
Based on those games; probably InFAMOUS 1 and 2. They have platforming and third-person action with a comic book feel to the story. Or look into Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Those are the only things that are vaguely similar and that come to mind, what other kind of games do you enjoy?

ShinyGirafarig
Member Avatar
Giraffes are adorable.

My faves are 3D platformers (I am very sad that really only Mario carries the weight now). I did like Okami and have the PS2 one and I know it has an HD release. I'll look into inFAMOUS games.

Aevis Martius Ravi
Member Avatar
Origins

Well there are also worthwhile indie games that are platformers, but yeah, they're mostly 2D. You're bound to at least like the traversal aspect of inFAMOUS (because of the platforming) but it is mostly an action game at heart. Uncharted has some crazy platforming, too, but is also a shooter.

Oh and duh me, Little Big Planet! It's kinda 3D/2D, but is a lot closer to the genre you like if platformers are your thing. Plus you can create your own levels and share them with other users, which I never did, but sounds genius. And, here's a list that should help a bit.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar

I currently own (including handhelds): PS3, Vita, PSP, 3DS, Xbox 360, GBA SP, PSX, Nintendo 64 and a Sega Genesis. Though I rarely hook up my Genesis/N64 anymore, and I don't use my PSX at all since I can obviously just get all my PS1 games on PSN. I'll use my GBA SP once in a blue moon just for fun. I plan to buy another PS2 eventually and would also like to pick up a SNES again as well. I also plan to eventually build a PC, though I'm not in much of a hurry to get around to that.

My PS3 and Vita get the majority of use. My Vita has especially been getting a lot of use lately, and will continue to get a lot of use going into next year. The first three or four games I'm going to be getting are all Vita games. I'm not a Sony loyalist or anything, but I love JRPGs, so the Sony systems are just naturally what I end up playing the most. I'll probably end up playing a lot more 3DS when my Persona Q 3DS XL arrives and my copy of Persona Q, but it's probably not going to last too long before my Vita starts taking all the attention again. My 3DS will definitely get a lot of attention next spring when the Hatsune Miku game on the 3DS releases in the US. As well as Majora's Mask 3D, of course.

I haven't upgraded to current gen yet. I will be getting a PS4 next year though when Bloodborne releases. I'm also interested in picking up Omega Quintet for PS4, which releases next spring as well. I'm also already looking forward to a number of upcoming PS4 games... Persona 5, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II, Disgaea 5, Kingdom Hearts III and the new Ys game that was announced at TGS.

The Game of Thrones game looks pretty nice, though I don't know anything about the books or the show, so unfortunately it's probably not a game I'd be able to play and understand most of the things about it. I've always heard that Telltale makes really good games. I have The Waking Dead Season 1 on my Vita, but I haven't played it at all yet. I meant to play it, but other games on the Vita just caused it to get pushed to the bottom of the pile.

King in the North
Member Avatar

ShinyGirafarig
Nov 20 2014, 09:21 PM
Get him this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Legacy_Collection

Best thing there ever was and will be.

Me and my friends are continuing our journey through Tales of Xillia 2. We are a group of three friends who have played every Tales game together since we were small. It's the same old Tales fun.

Also, TPP is back and playing the new pokemans for those interested. http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Other than that I picked up FFX HD again. Trying to get the Wakkas and Lulus Celestial Weapons, beating the monster arena and dark aeons.

And you should definitely finish TWD, Dragon Lord. It's great.

ZFallen
Member Avatar

General threads are the best.

Good luck with Lulu's celestial ;) that thunder plains is the devil. I was never able to do it, but I want to one day.

Playing a run of FE:A on hard classic, while also enjoying Smash 3DS. Life is good.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

I'm PC mustard race

Kula Diamond
Member Avatar
atlus tracts

The_Abominator
Nov 24 2014, 10:10 AM
I'm PC mustard race
can i put you on a burger

*runs*

ontopic i should really go play more bayonetta 2 and dynasty warriors :<

i'm only playing handhelds pretty much

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar

King in the North
http://forum.templeofkraden.com/single/?p=8735652&t=7434320

Other than that I picked up FFX HD again. Trying to get the Wakkas and Lulus Celestial Weapons, beating the monster arena and dark aeons.

Yeah, I've always heard really good things about it. I know it's not a terribly long game, so I might try to squeeze it in sometime soon. Before my next wave of games come out.

Also good luck with FFX. Getting the platinum for that game was such a pain. Not sure if you'll be going for the platinum, but if you are, have fun! It's not really difficult, but requires a lot of sphere farming in the arena.

ZFallen
http://forum.templeofkraden.com/single/?p=8735734&t=7434320
Good luck with Lulu's celestial ;) that thunder plains is the devil. I was never able to do it, but I want to one day.

Unless you just want to challenge yourself with the random lightning strikes, I would just recommend doing the method that manipulates a lightning strike. It allows you to get in a rhythm and makes it a lot easier.

King in the North
Member Avatar

Dragon Lord
Nov 24 2014, 04:43 PM
King in the North
http://forum.templeofkraden.com/single/?p=8735652&t=7434320

Yeah, I've always heard really good things about it. I know it's not a terribly long game, so I might try to squeeze it in sometime soon. Before my next wave of games come out.

Also good luck with FFX. Getting the platinum for that game was such a pain. Not sure if you'll be going for the platinum, but if you are, have fun! It's not really difficult, but requires a lot of sphere farming in the arena.

ZFallen
http://forum.templeofkraden.com/single/?p=8735734&t=7434320

Unless you just want to challenge yourself with the random lightning strikes, I would just recommend doing the method that manipulates a lightning strike. It allows you to get in a rhythm and makes it a lot easier.
I did go for platinum. But then I found out I [radio edit]e up and missed one of the Al Bhed books. And it's one of the two in Home which you can't return to, and they've patched the return to home glitch. So if I want platinum I'm going to have to create a new save file and run it through until Home.

And yes, I'm probably going to manipulate it. I think it's that one crater at the last part or something.

And I have to play so many blitzball games to get Wakkas weapon. It's easy as [radio edit] if you get Brother. He literally solos every team with 10-0. But it's so boring because of that.

ZFallen
Member Avatar

Could you download another save state from the internet and use those Spheres in Rin's shops to transfer the books to your save file? That's how I did it with the SD version years ago. Not sure if it would work now though...

Peytral
Member Avatar
peytral pls

I own a PS3, a PS2, a Vita, a Wii, a Gamecube, a GBA, and an N64. In order of current relevance. Mostly just play the Sony consoles there at the moment, though. Also have a PC but it's basically a toaster so I can't run much more than my beloved Falcom games on it. I'll hopefully be getting a Wii U and a 3DS soon enough and also have plans to get a PS4 down the line since Sony consoles have yet to let me down.

Best game of the previous gen is tough. Bayonetta, Nier, and Ys Seven were all fantastic. Soundtrack-wise, there's Nier and Ys Seven again, but I'd have to give it to the latter.

Kiki
Member Avatar
Kiki Martius Chantico

kiki's gaming plans

aka a historical tour of classic jrpgs

I'm working on a GS/TLA runthrough that hopefully will last until Trails in the Sky SC comes out. Then I will play that. When I finish, it will be 2017.
Then I will tackle my to-play list. This should take about 8 years.
Chrono Trigger
Ys IV and V
Lunar Silver Star Story
Grandia
Maybe a Suikoden

Peytral
Member Avatar
peytral pls

Kiki
Nov 25 2014, 10:45 AM
Then I will tackle my to-play list. This should take about 8 years.
Perfect for that wait for 3rd!!!!!

Kiki
Member Avatar
Kiki Martius Chantico

srsly. XD
Oh, I would like to play Brandish too.

Peytral
Member Avatar
peytral pls

Everybody should want to play Brandish. Unless they're casuals, because Brandish is not for bitches.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!