Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Movie Thread; Grab some popcorn
Topic Started: Nov 12 2014, 01:40 PM (22,792 Views)
King in the North
Member Avatar

Do you guys even watch movies? I just don't know. At least I can discuss japanese kaiju movies with Abominator here.

I'm going to see Interstellar on friday and I'm pumped and ready for that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Abominator
Member Avatar

King in the North
Nov 12 2014, 01:40 PM
Do you guys even watch movies? I just don't know. At least I can discuss japanese kaiju movies with Abominator here.

I'm going to see Interstellar on friday and I'm pumped and ready for that.
He he, I'm still seeing new kaiju movies but it's a slow burner now. Finished the Gamera series a few weeks ago, I'd highly recommend the 90s trilogy. The 2006 film is a feel-good kiddy drama. The 60s and 70s films need a certain mindset to be able to sit through.

And I will hopefully see Interstellar this weekend if my friend ever answers his damn phone. I wasn't going to see it but after having everything spoiled I'm pretty interested.

King in the North
Member Avatar

Interstellar was very good. I'm really starting to think that Nolan doesn't have the ability to disappoint me.

Also the Hans Zimmer soundtrack. Wooow. Thank you demigod Zimmer.

It was also candy for a space nerd. It's very heavy with all the juicy science.

The Phantom Squee
Member Avatar
Sound the horn and call the cry: "How many of them can we make die?"

I really enjoyed Interstellar as well. Not that I didn't have my issues with some of the spoilery late-film stuff, but they were all fairly minor and overall I thought it was an excellent movie.

Momentime
Member Avatar
uh oh

i just saw paprika and girl with the dragon tattoo usa version

twas ok

The Abominator
Member Avatar

I was going to see Interstellar but when we were buying our tickets my friend suggested The Immitation Game. I'm glad I saw that instead, I feel like I enjoyed more than I would have Interstellar.

But I get the impression it bigged up Turing too much in relation to the other code breakers. I know it focuses on him and you gotta simplify to fit it in a film but it gives the impression he built his computer almost single-handedly.

Silvy
Member Avatar
idolswag4lyfe

I don't watch movies too often now, there's a lot I need to still check out.

Finally got around to watching Oldboy after my friend bugged me about it for like, the past year. Ended up being a really good watch, very suspenseful and interesting.

Aevis Martius Ravi
Member Avatar
Origins

The last movie I watched was CZ12, aka Chinese Zodiac. I'd been wanting to see it for forever since it scored Chan the world record for "Most stunts performed by a living actor"...however, I was mostly disappointed by it. The action was fine if not for some silly moments, the plot was paper-thin, and the ties to the first two Armour of God movies (which are excellent) left me with naught but a gigantic headturn. BUT throwing out most of those and seeing Jackie Chan, even at his age, hop around doing what he used to was well worth the view.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

Actually I might be seeing Intersetllar after all. So I'll have something to talk to King North about apart from kaiju.

King in the North
Member Avatar

I have to say though. It's one the loudest movies I've seen in cinema. In a good way but still loud. Hans Zimmer went all out so to speak. Can't wait for the soundtrack to be released.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

Ok, Interstellar was pretty good.

MILD SPOILERS

But god damn does it lay it on thick. That 20 minutes or whatever at the end should have been way shorter, practically everything is finished once he's out of the black hole.

The Phantom Squee
Member Avatar
Sound the horn and call the cry: "How many of them can we make die?"

I liked the pacing for the epilogue stuff well enough; it was the black hole sequence itself that I thought dragged on a bit too long.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

A trailer for the Jurassic World trailer has been released. That's not a mistake, it's advertising that there will be advert.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvu-zlR5A8Q[/youtube]

ZFallen
Member Avatar

Anyone seen the new hunger games movie yet? I'm wanting to see it soon (if I can afford it).

King in the North
Member Avatar

The_Abominator
Nov 23 2014, 01:44 PM
A trailer for the Jurassic World trailer has been released. That's not a mistake, it's advertising that there will be advert.

I can see this being fun and nostalgic. Don't know about the new Terminator though. A reboot is not what the franchise needed and certainly not a reboot that plays out like a bad fanfic.

Nell
Member Avatar
The Pretender
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, Interstellar

Aevis Martius Ravi
Member Avatar
Origins

The_Abominator
Nov 23 2014, 01:44 PM

I've watched this so many times since it has been released. Cannot wait, the Mosasaur, D-rex, and trained raptor pack attack!

Literally the most hype I've been for a movie, ever.

ShinyGirafarig
Member Avatar
Giraffes are adorable.

Not sure what is wrong with me. I greatly prefer animation over live action.

Nell
Member Avatar
The Pretender
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mockingjay Pt 1

Last film of the year on my "to see" list is Into the Woods. I know Rob Marshall gets the theatricality of stuff; I just hope he keeps the damn message(s) in tact.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

Troll Hunter was very, very good. I've only been to Norway once but I could tell there were a lot of jokes about Norwegian culture and politics. I wish we had awesome films based on folklore like that.

Posted Image

EDIT: Also, The Host is great. 2006 Korean one, not the American one, whatever that is.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ře Olde Mother Fornicating Artes Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!