Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Posting this here because I'm a turbonerd and in case GSL dissapears
Topic Started: Nov 12 2014, 12:52 PM (1,141 Views)
The Abominator
Member Avatar

You may know that the world of Golden Sun has some parallels to the real world. But did you know that almost every place and town has a real world inspiration?

Note: R and L are interchangeable sounds in Japanese. Since the games are translated from Japanese, some places have L where there is an R in their real world equivalent and vice versa (eg. Yallam -> Yarram)

Golden Sun
Spoiler: click to toggle

The Lost Age

Dark Dawn

Summons
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kiki
Member Avatar
Kiki Martius Chantico

Thanks for sharing! Its very comprehensive.

You might like a topic we have about the food in each oven in the game and other small details that help prove which region corresponds to which. I can find it for anyone interested when I'm not on mobile.

Edit: not the topic i meant but here is an interesting one http://forum.templeofkraden.com/topic/7371893/1/#new

King in the North
Member Avatar

They made the food fit with each region? That's pretty cool.

Kiki
Member Avatar
Kiki Martius Chantico

Here is the topic! http://forum.templeofkraden.com/topic/563945/2/#new

The Abominator
Member Avatar

Kiki
Nov 12 2014, 01:53 PM
That's awesome. I never thought of the Hammet-Muhammed connection. I am convinced that Kalay is Turkey, there's so many clues pointing to it.

EDIT: The McCoy-MacBeth connection is great, I was always stumped about why he was Scottish when Bilibin is based on Russia.

Gwydd makes a mistake in the distinction between Constantinople and Istanbul. The Turks continued calling the city Constantinople (Turkicized as Konstantiyye) for most of their history in the city, the word Istanbul appeared around the 19th century and was officially adopted in the 20th century.

Neshi
Member Avatar
Worthy
[ *  * ]
The_Abominator
Nov 12 2014, 12:52 PM

People

Well,well..

Btw, Really nice job, Abominator! All info you listed.. It's so interesting!

The Abominator
Member Avatar

Some of them are reaching a bit so I doubt the list is totally accurate. But it was fun researching it all. Saturos and Menardi especially.

Adnarel
Member Avatar
I'd rather be outside.

Yeah, I had not made the Saturos/Menardi connection. Really casts a new light on what those characters are supposed to be. >_>

King in the North
Member Avatar

See, Proxshipping is canon.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

Meanwhile Karst and Agatio are rocks.

Asphodel
Member Avatar
Electric Indigo

But they are the best rocks.

Bookmarked this topic for future reference. Thanks for putting all of this together! Naribwe and Yallam's real-world inspirations had me stumped for the longest time.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

Asphodel
Nov 16 2014, 06:37 PM
But they are the best rocks.

Bookmarked this topic for future reference. Thanks for putting all of this together! Naribwe and Yallam's real-world inspirations had me stumped for the longest time.
Keep in mind those are just the best matches I could find. They may be very wrong.

But Lunpa and Goma have totally got me. Haven't found anything remotely close to them. I suspect they're just made up.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

After all these years, I figured out Lunpa: he's Arsene Lupin, Maurice Leblanc's gentleman thief character! The character is apparently popular in Japan, there have been several film and television adaptations as well as a manga about his grandson.

Saturos
Member Avatar
heart-under-blade

omg how did I not see it
P H A N T O M T H I E F L U N P A
H
A
N
T
O
M

T
H
I
E
F

Asphodel
Member Avatar
Electric Indigo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

THAT'S SO COOL

ShmittlesThePoe
Member Avatar
Pirate Wavemaster
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
woah

King in the North
Member Avatar

Well hot damn

« Previous Topic · Golden Sun: Fandom · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!