Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General TV Thread; Because we're all slaves to it
Topic Started: Sep 26 2014, 11:22 AM (7,193 Views)
King in the North
Member Avatar

So I think this place needs a general thread were we can discuss everything about everyones favorite brainwashing tool.

What shows/series are you currently watching? What's your favorite show of all time? Any favorite channels?

I recently started watching Sons of Anarchy and I'm ok with it. Almost done with season 1 and I'm going to watch the rest as well. Not up there with the greats but still good.

Also just watched the first episode of Gotham. It was decent. I really hoped for more. But it was decent enough so as a fan I'm going to follow it and hope that it picks up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CaptainWhiskers
Member Avatar

Gotham looks like they're taking the first season slow, could be wrong though. It's interesting how they show the villains younger years and maybe they're telling their story of why they went the way they did.

The Phantom Squee
Member Avatar
Sound the horn and call the cry: "How many of them can we make die?"

A comedian friend of mine commented sarcastically on Facebook that he couldn't wait to watch a show about Gotham before interesting things started happening to it.

Anyway, the only currently-airing show I've been keeping up to date on is Gravity Falls. I'm also watching Doctor Who and Game of Thrones, but I'm rather behind on both of them. Just haven't been motivated to keep up with either lately.

Clawford
has no style

Is Gravity Falls the new temple fad?
I'm not watching any of note at the moment because of schoolwork. However in a week I will be watching the fourth season of Korra.

King in the North
Member Avatar

Legato
Sep 26 2014, 05:04 PM
Gotham looks like they're taking the first season slow, could be wrong though. It's interesting how they show the villains younger years and maybe they're telling their story of why they went the way they did.
Yeah I mean this is all a new take on it. They're focusing on Gotham. Not Batman. Since Bruce is a kid the Bat won't be featured. At least not for a few seasons, if ever. They're going to focus on Gordon and the GCPD, and a city rotting with crime and corruption. I'm thinking the last season (if it gets that far) will do some time skip and end with the Batman making his grand entrance.

So this is all their own origins for the characters of Gotham. We saw Falcone and Cobblepot (Penguin) as guaranteed first season villians. We also got a sneak peek at Edward Nigma (Riddler). In this version he's working at GCPD but he's going to turn to his Riddler persona sooner or later. And of course Poison Ivy in the form of a young girl, daughter to a drunken criminal father, watering her plants and not saying much. I wonder how far they'll go with her. Being a small kid and all.

Oh and of course Selina Kyle (Catwoman) climbing on everything and sneaking around throughout the episode. She's probably going to help out later on. As a contact on the inside of the Gotham underworld.

I'm looking forward to what they'll to with the rest, especially Scarecrow and the main man clown, Joker.

I just hope it gets even dirtier, even darker. And doesn't focuses on too many characters at the same time.

Oh and also, Supergirl is going to become a tv series! Hyped for that shit. Wonder how they'll do it without Big Blue. Maybe they'll just replace him with her completely.

CaptainWhiskers
Member Avatar

@king It explains why she took a liking to the batman in the animated series? (sorry my memory may be fuzzy)The scarecrow and joker may be the darkest. They may be taking that slow too, maybe interconnecting them somehow, it's too early to say though.

Dracobolt
Member Avatar
Incorrigible

I gotta catch up on Gravity Falls. I'm behind on this season.

Going to watch the Once Upon a Time premiere at a friend's house tonight because she's super into Frozen and is throwing a watching party because they're adding Anna and Elsa to the show.

:mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn:

King in the North
Member Avatar

Legato
Sep 27 2014, 11:01 PM
@king It explains why she took a liking to the batman in the animated series? (sorry my memory may be fuzzy)The scarecrow and joker may be the darkest. They may be taking that slow too, maybe interconnecting them somehow, it's too early to say though.
Yeah, Batman doesn't see her as a villian. Not like the rest. She's not a killer and currently only steals from bad guys. She's just a stray cat doing her best to survive in a city like Gotham. Not only have they teamed up numerous times throughout the years but there has always been a spark of interest between them and they share a complicated relationship of trust, sexuality and even full blown romance. This is seen in everything from the comics, to the animated shows and the live action movies.

It's interesting that they decided to put her on the scene of the Wayne family murders though. I wouldn't be surprised if Selina and Bruces stories comes together. Two tragic pasts finding each other kind of thing.

UltaFlame
Member Avatar
Thanks Poui.

Dracobolt
Sep 28 2014, 06:37 AM
I gotta catch up on Gravity Falls. I'm behind on this season.

Going to watch the Once Upon a Time premiere at a friend's house tonight because she's super into Frozen and is throwing a watching party because they're adding Anna and Elsa to the show.

:mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn:
I'll be watching it too.

tell me what you think of it o7

Asphodel
Member Avatar
Electric Indigo

My dad gave Gotham a glowing recommendation after seeing the first episode. He was never a big DC fan, and only ever liked the Adam West series because of how cheesy it was, so I don't know what that says about the quality of this new show.

The most recent series I tried to get into was Penny Dreadful. It kept my attention for a few episodes, but the Frankenstein subplot eventually turned me off from the whole thing, despite its strong start. The whole show was like a grimdark League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with more gore, gratuitous sex, and an even worse token American character. I don't know if it ever improved, but now that I assume it's done, I may just have a marathon session with it.

My brother has been slowly getting me to watch Adventure Time, mostly by diagnosing my favorite aspects of the show (i.e. B-Mo, Lemongrab, Magic Man) and having me watch episodes specifically geared toward them. The show is hilarious and clever, but I hate having to cringe my way through all of these romantic subplots and musical sections, the latter of which are obviously meant to be so-bad-it's-good but come across instead as so-bad-where-is-the-mute-button.

And of course, I just hopped on the Game of Thrones bandwagon. So much catching up to do with so much slow internet. I'm on episode 4 and yeah, it's about as great as everyone says it is.

King in the North
Member Avatar

So the second episode of Gotham picked up speed. Much better and more interesting. I'm starting to like it a lot. Nice to see the Dollmaker introduced. A fitting villian for the show. I'm enjoying this shows version of Penguin as well.

CaptainWhiskers
Member Avatar

I was wondering who those people were but yeah can't wait till next week, gonna be so great.

Spoiler: click to toggle

King in the North
Member Avatar

So, it's over. The finale of Boardwalk Empire took me by surprise. It was much more emotional for me than I though it would be.

It had its ups and downs (mostly ups) but overall I really enjoyed this show. I recommend it.

Posted Image

Raggy
Member Avatar

When I get a spare minute, I will definitely watch Gotham! :) I have heard good things.

Currently catching up on Scandal (ABC) and watching Faking It (MTV).

Also love Teen Wolf (MTV), Lost Girl (Showtime Canada/SyFy), Orphan Black (BBC America), Parks and Recreation (NBC), Saturday Night Live (NBC).

I also watch Carmilla and Most Popular Girls in School on YouTube

King in the North
Member Avatar

You should! I haven't watched Gotham for a few weeks but I've heard it's gotten better and better.

I really liked The Office US. My sister said I would love Parks and Rec in that case. Is this true? Also I'm okay with Aubrey Plaza and how she is so that is already a plus in my book.

The Abominator
Member Avatar

I started watching Black Jesus. It sounds like a terrible premise but it's actually really funny (at least I think so).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7TXiPAVTQs[/youtube]

King in the North
Member Avatar

Soon...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkMJtORCr80[/youtube]

King in the North
Member Avatar

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9QTLXYCCc[/youtube]

February 27 ladies and gentlemen.

King in the North
Member Avatar

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6zVQXpUe_0[/youtube]

It's coming back. I have no feelings, not good or bad. But I'm hoping it turns out nice.

CaptainWhiskers
Member Avatar

King in the North
Feb 2 2015, 09:36 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6zVQXpUe_0[/youtube]

It's coming back. I have no feelings, not good or bad. But I'm hoping it turns out nice.
Holy.... man I can't believe it's returning been a while since it was on. Been watching dexter lately, really love the psychology of the show.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ře Olde Mother Fornicating Artes Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!