Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RWBY
Topic Started: Jul 8 2013, 10:40 AM (6,916 Views)
bearface
Member Avatar
༼ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Discussion thread for Rooster Teeth's new animated series, RWBY, created and directed by Monty Oum. It'll be available to the public on July 18th. I'm really, ridiculously excited. I mean, I saw some problems in sound quality (mainly the wolf sounds in the first trailer) and voice acting in the trailers, but according to people who watched the first episode at RTX, the voice acting is noticeably improved.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HyrulianJedi
Member Avatar
uguu~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's good, because the voice acting in Yellow was terrible, as was the dialogue. Blake's VA was fine, but Adam's wasn't too good, either. The silence really helps Red, White, and Dead Fantasy in retrospect. But damn, does Monty Oum still make some great fights.

Personally, I'm curious as to the relation between Adam and Ruby. He had a fair amount of red present in his section of the fight, though it was curiously absent from Blake's, IIRC.

bearface
Member Avatar
༼ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HyrulianJedi
Jul 8 2013, 11:51 AM
That's good, because the voice acting in Yellow was terrible, as was the dialogue. Blake's VA was fine, but Adam's wasn't too good, either. The silence really helps Red, White, and Dead Fantasy in retrospect. But damn, does Monty Oum still make some great fights.

Personally, I'm curious as to the relation between Adam and Ruby. He had a fair amount of red present in his section of the fight, though it was curiously absent from Blake's, IIRC.
Hmm, interesting, I'll have to go back and rewatch the trailer since I didn't notice that. I mean, it's in his character design, I just didn't think much of it since I was watching the flashy fight scenes.

ShmittlesThePoe
Member Avatar
Pirate Wavemaster
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*just noticed this topic*

I'm looking forward to this series too. The concept of a shotgun scythe won me from the first trailer. That and Roosterteeth/Monty's ability to put together an excellent fight scene in recent years (big RvB fan).

I was at the anime convention where the Yellow trailer premiered. I would have went in to see it if the whole panel didn't get packed out long before I had a chance to get in line for it. XD

Momentime
Member Avatar
uh oh

Touhou x Final Fantasy: The Game: The Movie Hyper Edition now with 1000% more magical gunblades!!!

bearface
Member Avatar
༼ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shads_ ♥LoveWithYou
Jul 14 2013, 11:46 PM
Touhou x Final Fantasy: The Game: The Movie Hyper Edition now with 1000% more magical gunblades!!!
i wasn't aware i played a part in this
;3

bearface
Member Avatar
༼ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Did anyone notice that the area was called Vale and one of the characters looked kind of like Isaac? Like, it's not just me, right? Was that intentional?

DJ Octavio
Member Avatar
Check out my spicy wasabi beats

It's possible.

But holy shit, that was freaking awesome. I'm liking what I see so far.

Are they going to be releasing an episode a week, or what?

HyrulianJedi
Member Avatar
uguu~
Vale usually references a valley, which the school seems located in (albeit one positioned over a giant lake). I'm hesitant to call that a reference, honestly, at least so far.

I'm glad to see the VAing improved significantly. My only complaints there were for some of the minor characters (dude initially accosting Ruby, newscaster). The plot seems kinda cheesy so far, but I'm not really bothered by that - fairy tales are generally pretty cheesy, and this seems like one giant homage to them. The magic battle was pretty awesome, and something I hope to see more of. I also got a good chuckle out of Glinda Goodwitch.

My only issue so far was the black texture used for some things, like the building spires of the town below, and especially the random filler characters in the background. It struck me as kinda lazy. I'd rather see them filled in with something, even if they don't look interesting - god knows you can pick out important characters in RPGs all the time by how ungeneric they look.

EDIT: Looks like episodes will be weekly.

leaf
Member Avatar
Crimson Leaf Vermillion

Awwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

Just watched ep1. Very pleased. I thought some of the models were a bit lower quality than what was used in the trailers, but this is def looking like something I'm gonna enjoy. Been looking forward to this ever since the first trailer came out~

ShmittlesThePoe
Member Avatar
Pirate Wavemaster
Watched it, loved it, hoping it turns out as good as it seems so far.

As soon as the opening narration began, I was like, "who is that?" (the voice). A few seconds later, I was like, "holy balls, that's Jen Taylor" (the voice of Halo's Cortana). Confirmed it on wikipedia.
Gotta love the irony of her doing voice work for something by roosterteeth. Although I guess their connection to the Halo franchise is probably the reason they thought of her to begin with...
Still, it got a biiiig smile out of me.

bearface
Member Avatar
༼ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HyrulianJedi
Jul 18 2013, 10:19 PM
Vale usually references a valley, which the school seems located in (albeit one positioned over a giant lake). I'm hesitant to call that a reference, honestly, at least so far.
Yeah, I realize that it's a total stretch, but it's kind of an amusing coincidence.

And yeah, I do see some areas where the animation's a bit inconsistent.

Saturos
Member Avatar
heart-under-blade

The video on their site doesn't load for me. ;_____;
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

UltaFlame
Member Avatar
Thanks Poui.

hypersoda
Jul 18 2013, 07:35 PM
Did anyone notice that the area was called Vale and one of the characters looked kind of like Isaac? Like, it's not just me, right? Was that intentional?
If you watch the ending credits, toward the end there's a girl who looks like Jenna, too.

HyrulianJedi
Member Avatar
uguu~
Saturos
Jul 19 2013, 02:23 PM
The video on their site doesn't load for me. ;_____;
They'll be uploading them to their channel on Youtube, but after a week's delay.

If you suspect it might be ISP related, you could try one of those ISP-blocking softwares. I had to use one occasionally while in Japan.

ShmittlesThePoe
Member Avatar
Pirate Wavemaster
2nd episodes out. It made me lol.

Spoiler: click to toggle

HyrulianJedi
Member Avatar
uguu~
Weiss was completely different from what I imagined, actually.

Blake was not. :awe:

ShmittlesThePoe
Member Avatar
Pirate Wavemaster
HyrulianJedi
Jul 26 2013, 02:29 AM
Weiss was completely different from what I imagined, actually.
same

I was expecting a quiet, pleasant, kind type. or something along those lines.

UltaFlame
Member Avatar
Thanks Poui.

Isaac's name is John.

I wonder what Jenna's name is.

HyrulianJedi
Member Avatar
uguu~
episode 3 get some

I, for one, can't [radio edit]ing stand it when someone tries to have a conversation with me when I'm reading a book. If I'm not paying attention to the people around me at all, I'm not being antisocial, I'm [radio edit]ing interested in what I'm reading so shut the [radio edit] up and leave me alone.

I like Blake. Blake gets that.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Temple of Illustrated Arts · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!