Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! --- It's NaNoWriMo 2014! Visit our topic and share your suffering!! --- We're implementing a Clan points system soon. Be sure to weigh in here to earn 10 points for Gryffindor! --- Temple needs some new dank-ass banners! Enter the design contest today! --- Check out the Temple's Pokemon League! ---- Make like a Necare and board a bus~ ---- KRADEN LOVES YOU --------- Always remember, use fresh orange juice. Only whores use frozen. --------- Enjoy your stay!
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CWR: Clanless
Topic Started: Oct 4 2011, 11:21 PM (1,001 Views)
Bowz
Member Avatar
Gigglemesh Aurarius

Organization:

-Publicly the Clanless are a collection of banks and other businesses, this group is very successful and the Clanless make lots of money of their 'legitimate' businesses.
-These businesses are a front for the true operations of the Clanless, an organized crime syndicate.
-The leader of the Clanless is Bowse, but he deals almost completely with the organized crime part, and not many people are sure he actually exists.
-The public face of the Clanless is Simple's character, who is in charge of the business aspects, he is the second most important member of the Clanless.

Territory:

-The Clanless hold the city of Tolbi, which is a major economic center in Weyard.

Other:

-The Clanless basically fund Mars' war efforts, and therefore hold a leash on the actions/policy of Mars.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bane Martius Agni
Member Avatar
The One, The Only, Leader of Mars!

I am the idol of an idol! =D

simplechild
Member Avatar
My only feel is murder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The way I understand it right now, the Clanless have a leash on Mars when it comes to moneys. And the Clanless themselves have a public focus on the market while their secret dealings involve organized crime.

Bison
Member Avatar
YAR HAR FIDDLE DE DEE BEING A PIRATE IS ALRIGHT TO BE DO WHAT YOU WANT CUSE A PIRATE IS FREE! YOU ARE A PIRATE!

I feel like I'm in the middle of a three guy sandwich... I don't really feel good about this.

Bowz
Member Avatar
Gigglemesh Aurarius

I updated the first post with some information. People planning on playing a Clanless on CWR should use this topic to worldbuild since we don't have a secret forum to do so in, like all the clans.

Also, I was thinking this but I wanted Simple's approval first:

-The public face of the Clanless is Simple's character, who is in charge of the business aspects, he is the second most important member of the Clanless.

simplechild
Member Avatar
My only feel is murder
But at least I LOOK like the most important person. :awe:

Also, I approve.

Role
Member Avatar
Fulminous Witch
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I personally don't like the idea of clanless being tied to any single clan. This takes away the ability for them to be mercenaries or paid informants. Personally, my character would have an affinity for Jupiter on top of that, having considered joining them in the past, only to decide against it. I do actually plan on joining this, but...

Well, if the whole "clanless are in league with mars" thing is going on, I can't exactly be someone who trades information, now, can I? After all, that is what I was planning on doing - having my character be someone who seeks information and will share it... for a price.

Hell... being tied to a clan, period, kinda defeats the point of being without a clan! And why would we have a leader, anyways?

I'm okay with one clanless organization doing that, but it shouldn't apply to all of them, since the only requirement for being clanless is to not be part of a clan.

Sundancer
Member Avatar
Stargazer

Typically in these sort of things, the worldbuilding speaks for the clan (or lack of clan, in this case) as a whole and in a general sense, but individual characters are pretty much free to do differently. Have you looked at the signups of other people? Many are mercenaries even when a part of a clan, and hold no loyalty to a single group. Others are a part of the worldbuilt scenarios.

simplechild
Member Avatar
My only feel is murder
I think it would be better to define Mars's relationship with the Clanless as a business deal than a treaty between the two. Of all the clans in the past power struggle, Mars had the most potential of growing as a world power and the Clanless saw that as an opportunity to raise profits by focusing trading with them.

Also, this is Bowse's mafia that has influence in both Mars and the Clanless, though they are officially affiliated with the Clanless. Perhaps, in Mars's rise to power, they resorted to making deals with the mafia. And, in doing so, have incurred a debt they still haven't paid back. This is just something I thought of that could explain what's happening with Mars and the Clanless, but Bowse might have a different explanation, but the outcome is the same: The Clanless are not allied with Mars, but instead have Mars around their little finger in terms of financial issues.

At present time, it is still profitable for the Clanless to trade with Mars although their growth has hit its peak, and that will soon change as the Clanless search for new venues to increase market efficiency and total profits. The Clanless, as you say, are not allied with any clan: If they see a better alternative for their markets, be it in an entirely different Clan, they will switch. Guaranteed.

Role
Member Avatar
Fulminous Witch
I see. Still, though, it does seem a bit jarring to come to this when reading up on the RP only to see it saying something along the lines of clanless being aligned a certain way. Perhaps the post should have been a bit more clear about it? Specifically stating that it referred to a specific group of clanless, possibly using the group's name as the topic title instead of just "Clanless"...

Sundancer
Member Avatar
Stargazer

Or maybe you can just feel around for it, because we usually don't have that sort of problem with each other, especially when you get around to talking with others about the RP. I mean, of course, initially asking is fine, it's just that most of us RP this way and RPed this way in the previous Clan Wars. Lots of things change as time goes on in the RP, you're an individual character, it's up to you what you'd like to do. Maybe you could even work with a group of clanless who are against that sort of "clan affiliation". Talk it out with the other clanless or other RPers.

Bane Martius Agni
Member Avatar

Role
Oct 29 2011, 10:33 PM
I personally don't like the idea of clanless being tied to any single clan. This takes away the ability for them to be mercenaries or paid informants. Personally, my character would have an affinity for Jupiter on top of that, having considered joining them in the past, only to decide against it. I do actually plan on joining this, but...

Well, if the whole "clanless are in league with mars" thing is going on, I can't exactly be someone who trades information, now, can I? After all, that is what I was planning on doing - having my character be someone who seeks information and will share it... for a price.

Hell... being tied to a clan, period, kinda defeats the point of being without a clan! And why would we have a leader, anyways?

I'm okay with one clanless organization doing that, but it shouldn't apply to all of them, since the only requirement for being clanless is to not be part of a clan.
There is no allegiance. There is no "business treaty". Clanless OWNS Mars. You have money, we don't, you [radio edit] us in the ass.

Role
Member Avatar
Fulminous Witch
Well, as I said, I have an idea for what I want for my character, it's just I was kind of taken aback when I came to this topic. I must admit, I am used to a bit of a different style of roleplaying, so it may take a bit of getting used to.

Bowz
Member Avatar
Gigglemesh Aurarius

Here's the deal, Role. In this RP, I'm in charge of the Clanless, what I say goes. If you don't agree with it, you're not a part of the Clanless.

You're just a non-adept, or whatever you decide to do with your character. If I say the Clanless are allied with a clan, then they are. It's as simple as that. You either work with it, or you do something else.

Role
Member Avatar
Fulminous Witch
I had thought that the clanless simply were those without a clan, I didn't realize they were an organization, and that the clanless members of the forum who weren't a part of it were freelance or whatever. Basically, count it up to misinformation on my part.

Bowz
Member Avatar
Gigglemesh Aurarius

Outside of the RP, it might work differently. In the RP, though, that's how it works. ^_^

Role
Member Avatar
Fulminous Witch
Aye, thus my confusion. Again, I wasn't around for the old Clan Wars.

simplechild
Member Avatar
My only feel is murder
So Bowse, when you gonna make that RP post?

:awesomeface:

Role
Member Avatar
Fulminous Witch
I do have another question about the Clanless Organization. You are said to control Mars thanks to economic reasons... But you're in Tolbi, which is in the middle of Venus territory... while it is held on by clanless, that still means you have to get through Venus to have dealings with mars. How... does that work exactly?

I mean, I could see it if you straddled the border, but... that's a bit of distance you'd have to cross.

Bane Martius Agni
Member Avatar

Clanless are everywhere

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Clan Wars · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!