Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! ------ All worshipers may enter the Most Holy Place in single file, reflecting on the bountiful blessing Kraden hath provided unto him or herself since their last visit. Head coverings are not necessary, as true penitence and humility are found within. The Priests and Priestesses of Kraden endeavor to remind all that fresh orange juice is heavily preferred; only whores use frozen.
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Visual Novels
Topic Started: Feb 7 2011, 03:26 PM (21,176 Views)
Kyarorain
Member Avatar
Epitome of Insanity

For those who don't know: visual novels are like games where you are basically reading text, with graphics and music to accompany. Often, you'll get to interact with the story, picking choices and such and getting varying endings.

With that out of the way... what visual novels have you played? (or, well, read... but I like to say played...)

I've played all the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai VNs, and part of Rei (the only part that's been translated actually) It's so much better than watching the anime since the anime is terrible.

Currently, I'm playing Chaos;Head. You get to pick good or bad delusions. Naturally, I'm picking the bad ones. \o/ It's a murder mystery, so it's quite bloody and violent sometimes. (It's 15+ so it's not too bad) It has a lot of culture references in it. I'm liking it so far.

After that, I'll play Ever17 and Remember11. Ever17 was written by the same person who wrote Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, so it should be good.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
solbowz Aurarius

I probably don't need to say that I've played Fate/Stay Night, but other than that I've played Tsukihime, Kira Kira, and Shuffle!

Also, inb4Clannad

Dracobolt
Member Avatar
Incorrigible

inatClannad

That's the only one I've played, though I downloaded Fate/Stay Night and hope to get to it soonish.

:mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn:

Admiral Miral
Member Avatar
The Light of Hope

I've read too many to list. Chances are, if it's in English, I've read it.

Notable favorites are Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Umineko, Saya no Uta, Ever17, and Narcissu.

Peakay
Member Avatar
me IRL

Miral
Feb 7 2011, 06:52 PM

Saya no Uta
Spoiler: click to toggle

Captain Skullfuck
Member Avatar
ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS

Kyarorain
Feb 7 2011, 03:26 PM
Currently, I'm playing Chaos;Head. You get to pick good or bad delusions. Naturally, I'm picking the bad ones. \o/ It's a murder mystery, so it's quite bloody and violent sometimes. (It's 15+ so it's not too bad) It has a lot of culture references in it. I'm liking it so far.

This sounds relevant to my interests. How can I get my hands on it?

Momentime
Member Avatar
uh oh

Saya no Uta, and I'm on like maybe chapter 2 of F/SN? I want to read Ever17, though.

Jackal
Member Avatar
Come and Take It - Temple Tsundere

Gilgamesh
http://s9.zetaboards.com/The_Temple_of_Kraden/single/?p=8266410&t=7263333
I probably don't need to say that I've played Fate/Stay Night, but other than that I've played Tsukihime, Kira Kira, and Shuffle!

Also, inb4Clannad

All of these, Clannad, and Canvas 2. Kana Little Sister and Ever17 are next in line.

Speaking of Shuffle, you finished it yet, Boyd?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Admiral Miral
Member Avatar
The Light of Hope

Kyarorain
Feb 7 2011, 03:26 PM
Wait until you get to the ending. >_>;

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
solbowz Aurarius

Jackal
Feb 7 2011, 08:49 PM
Gilgamesh
http://s9.zetaboards.com/The_Temple_of_Kraden/single/?p=8266410&t=7263333

Also, inb4Clannad

All of these, Clannad, and Canvas 2. Kana Little Sister and Ever17 are next in line.

Speaking of Shuffle, you finished it yet, Boyd?
Yup yup, last night. Pretty much called the ending, even if the updated release or whatever changes it up a bit. I liked it though, it moved faster than the other ones I did. Nice change of pace.

Kyarorain
Member Avatar
Epitome of Insanity

Now my Chaos;Head save file appears to be corrupt... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Raven the Ravenous
Member Avatar
Worthy
[ *  * ]
I never played a visual novel but I'd love to try one out. Think I'll start with Fate/Stay Night.

Peytral
Member Avatar
peytral pls

Raven the Ravenous
Feb 8 2011, 09:46 PM
I never played a visual novel but I'd love to try one out. Think I'll start with Fate/Stay Night.
yesssssssssss

simplechild
Member Avatar
My only feel is murder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
lolShuffle. Even if I read it, lolShuffle.

Other than that, I've completed Ever 17, Clannad, and Fate/Stay Night.

Hell
Member Avatar

Saya no Uta was cute >_>

Momentime
Member Avatar
uh oh

No, it wasn't.

No, it [radio edit]ing wasn't.

Hell
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to be afraid of something I want to hug.

It was a really sad VN, though ;-;

diokatsu
Member Avatar

http://vndb.org/u4224/list

Hell
Member Avatar

You've got such a large list, Dio :O

... I see no Sengoku Rance what is this

Peytral
Member Avatar
peytral pls

Sengoku Rance isn't a visual novel. :U

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Temple of Illustrated Arts · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!