Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! --------- Check out the programme for the fourth annual Belinsk Festival! ----------- Temple needs some new banners! Enter the design contest today! -------- Check out the Temple's Pokemon League! -------- Mind the blood and destruction, things may or may not return back to normal. Possibly. Sort of. Not really. -------- KRADEN LOVES YOU --------- Always remember, use fresh orange juice. Only whores use frozen. --------- Enjoy your stay!
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Avatar: The Legend of Korra; now official
Topic Started: Jul 21 2010, 03:37 PM (13,912 Views)
Crash
Member Avatar
PRESS START TO RICH

This was unofficially known about for a few weeks, but today Nickelodeon announced that they have greenlit a new show for the 2011 season: Avatar: The Legend of Korra.

Nickelodeon has announced a new series from the creators of cartoon epic “Avatar: The Last Airbender.”

The new show from Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko has the working title of “The Legend of Korra” and will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011.

A live action theatrical movie based on the cartoon series called “The Last Airbender” was released earlier this summer to pans from critics and better-than-expected box office. The movie was directed by M. Night Shyamalan (”The Sixth Sense”), who has expressed interest in doing a sequel. Paramount, the studio behind the film, is watching the movie’s international grosses before making firm plans about any follow-ups.

The world of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” is one in which there are four nations–Air, Water, Earth and Fire–each with “benders” capable of controlling the elements. In the first series, a young airbender named Aang is revealed to be the Avatar, someone capable of manipulating all four elements, and prophesied to help save the world. “Avatar: The Last Airbender” debuted on Nickelodeon in 2005 and aired for three seasons.

Nickelodeon said in a release that “The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra.”

Korra’s quest eventually leads her to Republic City–the epicenter of the world of “Avatar.” A metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology (!!!), the city is inhabited by people from all nations. Korra finds that Republic City suffers from rampant crime and is also dealing with an anti-bender revolt. Korra is tutored by Aang’s son, Tenzin, is the ways of airbending.

Posted Image
She looks pretty big.
Edited by Crash, Jul 21 2010, 03:38 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shads
Member Avatar
#420PRAISEIT

SHE'S A MAN

ALSO WILL FOLLOW THIS AVATAR SEASON 4 [radio edit] YEAR

EDIT: Wow, Republic City, really? Why didn't you use a more exotic name?
Edited by Shads, Jul 21 2010, 03:47 PM.

Crash
Member Avatar
PRESS START TO RICH

Also, this means Aang dies kinda young, huh? Korra looks to be around seventeen there if I had to guess, so Aang would have to have died somewhere in his sixties. Kinda weird when you have previous avatars like Kyoshi living for two hundred years or more.

Sodate
Member Avatar
DO WHAT YOU WANT!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
AWESOME i really liked avatar so thnkx crash xD

The Phantom Squee
Member Avatar
400 billion suns

Cool. I'll probably try to follow this one as it airs this time.

Dracobolt
Member Avatar
Weeaboo Trash

:toastercar: :toastercar: :toastercar:

There are not enough toastercars in the world to express how happy this makes me, can't waaaaait!

:mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn:

Artemis
Member Avatar

YES

Also, maybe Aang managed to SEPARATE HIMSELF from his AVATARNESS or something. I hope so.

I don't want him to be dead 3=

Dracobolt
Member Avatar
Weeaboo Trash

But he'd be, like, nearly two hundred years old, after all. Or at least eighty or so. I don't mind not seeing the old characters back, though I would like to see their impact on the world.

Actually, this is how I wished it were for Dark Dawn too. But anyway.

Also, female main character. <3

:mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn:

Artemis
Member Avatar

I grow attached to my characters. I WUB THEM. And 70 years after he was only like 117, 100 of those years stuck in suspended animation. I don't know, I would have thought they might have made the time longer, at least. D:
Edited by Artemis, Jul 21 2010, 04:34 PM.

Jackal
Member Avatar
You'll never unsee this - Temple Tsundere

Shit, now I have to finish all three seasons of The Last Airbender at the speed of light.

Crash
Member Avatar
PRESS START TO RICH

Well I'm not counting the 100 years he spent frozen, of course, since his entire aging process stopped during that time and it was as if he were 12 for the entire hundred years.

He couldn't be eighty, though. Remember that he'd have to die before the new avatar can be born, and she's definitely in her mid to late teens.

Artemis
Member Avatar

Maybe he vomited out the Avatar spirit?

That could happen, right? :3;

b l o n d e b o n d
Member Avatar
Wombo Combo

And now all this Korra person needs is a male character seemingly immune to plot nuances throughout the series to be her eventual butt buddy and I will be satisfied.
Nothing better than watching a kick-ass series and then getting to watch the leads sit there for a second and then be all like "lol what do you want to do now" and there's either kissing/handholding or flying off into the sunset. Then you just have to imagine their reactions when they have underage romantisexmazingtercourse sex. And other stuff.

Chrono Ivan
Member Avatar
Everybody dance now!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/youtube]

AstraSage
Member Avatar
The Spectral Star

I've known of this project since May, but it's good to hear something other the name...

Now, this might sound cynical, but considering how the cycle moved from Roku to Aang, it'd be possible for the latter to die in his "sixties"... if he got killed... [/epilectictree]

The Sin Thesis
Member Avatar
FU REIL

PLOT TWIST: AANG'S KID KILLED HIS FATHER.

Let it be known: I called it first!
Edited by The Sin Thesis, Jul 21 2010, 08:32 PM.

AstraSage
Member Avatar
The Spectral Star

Either that or the reason he moved to the Elementless Republic is because he did something stupid that led up to an Avatarcide.

Will
Member Avatar
Where Minsc goes, evil swags aside!

I don't care how good it is, I will watch every episode of of this show, without fail.

Bane Martius Agni
Member Avatar
The One, The Only, Leader of Mars!

Darkridr
Jul 21 2010, 08:47 PM
I don't care how good it is, I will watch every episode of of this show, without fail.

So much this it hurts.

You know what though? I could have sworn when the show ended they were talking about live action movies, AND more original cartoon content. But I was looking about, and I couldn't find ANYTHING about new cartoons! I couldn't even find where they'd said this!

So, seeing as Avatar is the best thing ever to be put on TV, I'm super excited.

I will be so mad if this is a hoax.

Delfeir
Member Avatar
Pretty much the worst dragon ever

Watching this like the mother[radio edit]ing fist of the North Star.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Temple of Illustrated Arts · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!